In 1885, Southcote was rural countryside, albeit with the railway line already passing through, as shown by this map; Click on the image for a larger view.
The estate was built in 1933, by the Haddock building company. Certain documents were provided with the sale of each house. Some of these have been scanned and are shown as images on this Estate Deeds
Reading Central Library has a wonderful Local History
section; in particular there is the Kelly's Directory Of Reading
, a set of historical annual books that list the main registered resident for all properties in the Reading area. (Click on this link
for the Reading Central Library local-studies webpage.)
The residents for the Southcote Park Estate houses, for the years from 1933-1974, have been copied and are presented on this Historical Residents